Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Best Cities for Jobs, Cool Job Search Engine

This post has been making the rounds in the blogsphere this week--"12 best cities to find a job." Top of the list: DC (with 1.11 unemployed persons per advertised job).

The raw data, sans-photos, comes from juju.com (and actually extends the list to the top 50 cities where our employment chances are good) .

I had never heard of juju.com until this post. Wow, it's pretty cool! Type in your occupation and desired location in its search protocol and it actually turns up legit jobs! This is incredible! (I tried "anthropologist" + zipcode and "grants" + zipcode and got real job postings).

Man, maybe I just got lucky with these two hits, but this is way better than idealist.org or specialized RSS feeds.

Bottom line: there are jobs out there for us. There is hope.

I'm experimenting a little now with shorter posts. I'm hoping with briefer posts, I'll write more often? Also, I'm thinking folks won't fall asleep if I keep it less than essay-length. Let's see if I actually write more though....

No comments:

Post a Comment